The Kimball Group respects your privacy.
We collect personal information when you subscribe to receive our Kimball Design Tip newsletter and/or attend a Kimball University course.
- Design Tip subscribers: Email address, country and ZIP/postal code can be collected.
- Onsite Kimball University students: Name, email address, country and ZIP/postal code can be collected.
- Public Kimball University students: Registrations for our public classes are handled by a third party (currently the University of Oregon). They use SSL data encryption to protect the privacy of students’ registration credit card and purchase order information. The Kimball Group maintains a database of Kimball University’s public course alumni, including student name, email address, mailing address, and course attendance, but we do not store sensitive private information, such as credit card data, on our server.
Like millions of other websites, we use Google Analytics. A cookie collects anonymous statistical traffic data, including the site you came from and how long you stayed on our site; no personally-identifying data is included. You can choose to accept or decline cookies via your browser settings.
Visitors who register to participate in the Kimball Forum provide a username, email address, and password, but this information is collected and stored by a third party (currently phpBB) that provides and supports the forum platform.
We use the collected information for the following purposes:
- Conduct transactional class-related communications with Kimball University students concerning their registration, Certificates of Completion, Kimball University Alumni LinkedIn group invitations, and other matters related to a specific class registration.
- Distribute emails containing a Kimball Design Tip and/or other information regarding the Kimball Group and Kimball University.
- Make better decisions about our website and its content.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your information to outside parties for any reason whatsoever without your consent, other than to trusted third parties who support our business (such as our email service provider, currently MailChimp).
Links to Other Sites
We include links on our site to websites operated and maintained by other organizations. These sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. As part of this Act, users of our site may make changes to their profile on our site.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Our website and services are directed to people who are at least 13 years old.
If you would like to unsubscribe from future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of every non-transactional email.
- Kimball Group, PO Box 1857, Boulder Creek, CA 95006 USA
If we decide to change our policy, we will post changes on this page and update the modification date.